Puerto Rico’s hurricane season runs from June through October.
Hurricane season is upon us again. Here are the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
A month’s worth of the following supplies will be kept on-hand:
- Food items
- Extra fuel
- Materials need for securing the facilities
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Batteries/ solar lights
- Satellite phone
- Evacuations will depend on the severity of the forecasted storm and the preference of the clients and their families.
- In case of an emergency evacuation, all clients will be housed at the Brightstone Transitions facilities until other necessary arrangements can occur.
- Our staff team is well-versed in hurricane safety protocol.
- The U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Borinquen is located less than 10 minutes from our facilities.
- Our house is located on the top of a bluff, set back one row of houses from the cliff. It is unlikely to experience flooding.